Main page / Science
Scientific activity of the Center includes planning, coordination and implementation of scientific research in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, perinatology and reproduction aimed at modernization of maternal and child healthcare in Russia. These tasks are implemented by the Scientific Council of Obstetrics and Gynecology and by the Research and Development Service. Since 2009 the Council has been headed by Professor G.T. Sukhikh, Academician of RAS, Director of the Center. The Center is coordinating the research in the field of women’s healthcare, mother, fetus and newborn in the following areas: physiology and pathology of the female reproductive system at different periods of woman’s life; study of the influence of environmental factors on reproductive function, fetus and newborn development; physiology and pathology of pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and early neonatal periods; diagnosis and treatment of gynecological diseases.
The Centre has great potential for research of clinical material, laboratory facilities and scientific staff. The Center works by its own plan of research and within the national healthcare programs and various grants, and it’s always open for proposals of joint international projects.
Department of scientific planning and audit
Natalia V. Dolgushina, M.D.
Master of Public Healthcare
The major activities of the Department:
· Analysis of scientific literature and generalization of data on priority scientific trends of the Center;
· Development of scientific methodological base for scientific research of staff, postgraduates and fellows candidates and doctorates of the Center;
· Development of methodological base for the scientific auditing concept in biomedical research.
· Education of scientific researchers, postgraduate students and doctorates of the Center on the methods of planning and carrying out a scientific research, analysis of scientific literature, statistic data processing, the use of the data received in scientific and clinical practice and competent representation of the information.
· Advisory activity and preparation of scientific products’ approval for researchers, postgraduates, candidates, doctorates of the Center: research annotations, approbations, thesises, reports, scientific articles, grants and patents.
· Coordination and monitoring of scientific research activity of departments of the Center;
· Planning and organization of periodical report system in scientific research activity of the departments of the Center.
In 1995, Natalya Dolgushina graduated from the Department of Scientific-Pedagogical Education of Moscow Medical Academy named after I.M. Sechenov. In 1997, she completed clinical studies in obstetrics and gynecology. In 2000 having completed her fellowship she defended the thesis “Conducting of pregnancy and delivery of patients with genital herpes and antiphospholipid syndrome”. In 1996 she obtained the highest professional category in obstetrics and gynecology. In 2005-2007 she studied in Harvard University (Boston, USA) and after graduation in 2007 was given the Degree of Master of Public Healthcare (MPH). In 2009 she defended the doctorate thesis “Pathogenesis and Prevention of Placental Deficiency and Fetus Loss Syndrome in Pregnant Women with Viral Infections”.
From 2000 to 2006 Natalia Dolgushina worked as a Senior Researcher in the Moscow Medical Academy named after I.M. Sechenov in the Department of Obstetric and Gynecology. From 2006 to 2009 she worked as a Leading Researcher in the Department of Scientific Organizational Basis in MMA named after I.M. Sechenov. From 2008 she has been organizing the Summer School “Methodology of Scientific Research in Biomedicine” for Junior Researchers.
She is holding the position of the head of the Department of Scientific Planning and Audit since 2010.
Dr. Dolgushina has published a hundred of peer-reviewed scientific papers, abstracts and book chapters in obstetrics, reproductive medicine, relating to thrombophilic and infectious complications in pregnancy, and reproductive immunology. She is the Editorial Board member of the Journal “Obstetrics and Gynecology”, and edited a number of manuscripts and major textbooks.