Main page / RSOG
Russian Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
The Russian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists was created in 1993 and today unites more than 35 000 doctors throughout Russia.
Main aims of RSOG are:
- introduction of modern technologies in obstetric and gynecological practice;
- development of medical standards;
- continuous medical education;
- protection of health professionals’ and patients’ rights.
RSOG carries out the following projects:
- Develops and implements scientific and educational programs, seminars and conferences on important issues of obstetrics, gynecology and related specialties on regional and central levels;
- Participates in creation of training programs and certification of specialists.
- Supports cooperation with domestic and foreign professional societies (including FIGO, EBCOG, RCOG, ACOG, AAP).
- The RSOG carries out its activities through special committees:
o Health care quality committee;
o Committee on medical ethics, protection of doctor’s and patient’s rights;
o Committee of regional departments of the Society;
o Committee of international cooperation;
o Science, scientific publications and clinical researches committee;
o Committee on the RSOG and RAS cooperation;
o Committee on the RSOG and Ministry of Healthcare of Russia.Executive Board is the central authority of RSOG that coordinates the work of the Society headed by the President of RSOG, academician of RAS, professor Vladimir N. Serov.
President of RSOG
Vladimir N. Serov
Academician of RAS, M.D., Ph.D., Professor
Honored Master of Science of the Russian Federation
Vladimir Serov was born November 24 1931 in Sverdlovsk
In 1955 he graduated from Gorkiy State Medical University.
From 1970 to 1995 - Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry.
From 1995 to 2007 Prof. Serov served as the Deputy Director of the Research Center for Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology. Since 2007 he is the Principal Researcher of the Center.
Since 2008 he is the President of RSOG.
His research interests cover obstetric hemorrhage, hemorrhagic shock, sepsis, obstetric peritonitis, CVD in pregnancy, gynecological endocrinology, pre-malignant conditions of endometrium.
Prof. Serov published more than 500 research papers, including 35 monographs and guidelines. Professor Serov has 18 certificates of authorship and patents on new methods of diagnosis and therapy in obstetrics and gynecology. 126 theses (including 52 doctoral) were fulfilled under the guidance of professor Serov.
He was awarded Russian Federation Government and AMS Prizes.
Tel.: (495) 438-7287